My children asked me to put together some of the stories of my life. I will try to tell them as best I can, given that I am not a writer nor a wit. I am getting older now. And I think I am almost human at last. During my childhood I was fortunate to have many people influence me to become more than I thought I could. My upbringing left some large holes that interactions with other adults filled. I will try to credit those people in this blog. I will promise that everything I write will be exactly what happened...except for the parts I make up.
Memories are sometimes sour, sometimes delicious, and always somewhat suspect. They are, after all, snippets of interpretation: condensed, as a can of Campbell's Soup. As I try to reconstitute the memories, some parts may be less than the original, with fewer vitamins and minerals. I'll try not to add too much salt or other ingredients, no matter how much better they might make the story. I am who I am because of the help I was fortunate to find throughout my life. But this blog is the story of those people more than the story of me.
The first entry is the story of Ken, last name unknown. In fact, so little is known about Ken the story may be a bit creepy. But he changed my life; he showed me I could be a leader.
No comments:
Post a Comment